[Asterisk-Users] I'm in ADSI hell...

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Wed May 19 12:58:44 MST 2004

Folks,

I am in the process of fighting my way through my first foray into ADSI
phones.  I have a very nice Aastra 480 from Sayson, purchased through
Cylogistics.  Very nice phone.  However, my experience in configuring ADSI
has been pure pain so far, and it's not all working yet...

1)  The locking mechanism for these ADSI phones is... baroque?  Arcane?
Perhaps there is a reason why you would want to lock the services, but thus
far I have not found any.  The phone I got was configured to work with the
hardware codes for Asterisk (as per the Digium web site) but...

A)  The current Comedian Mail does NOT have the proper codes built in.

B) Once you manage to find the hack to add the proper codes, it appears to
want to download the Voicemail script each time you call voicemail.  Not so
good...

The Wiki doesn't have much on configuring ADSI.  I will try to add something
useful if and when I can get the entire thing working.  (There's not much
out on the internet regarding ADSI as a technology since it's a
Belcore/Telcodia standard.)

Does anybody have any suggestions, pointers, tips or a cheat-sheet for ADSI?
I know it can be made to work.  Several of the people at Digium have ADSI
phones on their desks.

Thanks,

Steve

Steven Sokol