[Asterisk-Users] AArgh, * and the 7960

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Wed May 19 08:13:28 MST 2004

Quoting brian <brian at bkw.org>:

> > You're missing the point, Brian. Those comments were in response to your
> > statement that essentially said there isn't a problem because your system
> > is working fine. And based on your comment, your primary (only?) iax link
> > is to Nufone.
>
> No I'm getting it loud and clear. You have some IAX providers that do not
> want to take care of customers when the software they use to provide service
> to their customers needs an update they refuse or fail to upgrade.  Not our
> problem if they choose not to.  If they update to cvs-head the problem will
> go away and its backwards compatible with cvs-stable.   You can continue to
> hack rtp.c or ask your providers to upgrade.  If they refuse to take care of
> you then I would consider getting service elsewhere.

But as I've mentioned before, this isn't the whole story.  There are other
repeatable scenarios that still cause problems, and to which some large
progressive providers also see as an issue and won't accept termination becuase
of it:

GW <- SIP -> * <- IAX2 -> * <- SIP -> 79X0

Now, if this scenario has been corrected as well, please accept my apologies
for bringing it up.

This config, with the absolute latest CVS HEAD, well as of a week or so ago
when I last checked, seems to cause issues on the sequencing.

I seem to recall comments that there is some work still being done on getting
this cross protocol packet sequencing to work properly?  I'll have to get
Ethereal out again and prove that it is still happening.

And why are we blaming Cisco for dropping packets that are mis-sequenced, when
we shouldn't be sending them mis-sequenced packets in the first place?

Ray.

Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.