[Asterisk-Users] AArgh, * and the 7960

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 19 08:04:22 MST 2004

> We as users of lots of other service providers and systems other then
> Nufone don't have the choice of forcing "those" systems to either Head
> or Stable. That's purely irrelevant. Since we can't force others to
> upgrade to anything, we're stuck with either throwing away the Cisco
> phones or removing the rtp.c code that's causing the poor quality issue.

Fine then -- fix your problem -- set up two * boxes, one talking ot the SIP
gateway and then set up an IAX-IAX or better yet TDMoE link between the
interim one and the one your cisco phones are connected to.

I think the point you're trying to make is that Cisco needs to solve their
problem, and that Asterisk needs to make it happen.  That isn't gonna work.
A second box with a pair of ethernet cards in it will, unless I'm missing
something.

Regards,
Andrew