[Asterisk-Users] My TDM-400P FXO experience

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed May 19 07:23:17 MST 2004

> A bit about my experience with the TDM-04 FXO. Only saw a few post on
> this subject, thought I would contribute a little about my experience to
> save others the hassle.

and I might add...

a. if any analog phones bridged on the pstn line go off-hook then on-hook,
   the tdm card senses it and rings the appropriate dialplan entry.

b. executing 'stop now' and '/etc/rc.d/inti.d/zaptel stop' followed by a start
   more than a couple of times somehow leaves the tdm card unusable. Reboot
   the machine fixes the problem (RH9).

c. disconnecting the analog pstn line from tdm card (and then reconnecting)
   causes the appropriate dialplan entry to ring exactly twice.

Rich