[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream v1.0.4.68 firmware

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 18 14:37:55 MST 2004

Hi!

> caller ID already tells you who is calling). However, I can put anything
> I want into the text boxes and nothing happens - I always get the
> "system ring tone".

No problem here, works just fine. If xxxx calls I get ringtone 2,
otherwise the default ringtone.

>   o System Ring Tone
>   o Custom Ring tone 1, used if incoming caller ID is (Text Box)
>   o Custom Ring tone 2, etc.
>
> What's this supposed to mean? It implies that if I select one of the
> custom ring tones, then the phone will ring on the matching CID,
> otherwise, it won't ring at all!

True, this is a bit confusing.

> hope it doesn't wind up like the useless Daylight Savings Time option,
> which you may have noticed does not pay any attention to the date so you
> have to log into each and every phone and change the option anyway
> (please, correct me if this has been fixed).

Hahaha, yes, that's indeed a very funny option.

> easily change the time zone and get the same effect. GS is obviously
> targeting their phones for the consumer market where a customer has 1,
> maybe 2 phones and this kind of thing is irrelevant.

I think it's just a a good demo of the business model "get to market
early with the most basic features only and then develop as you go".

Cheers, Philipp