[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream v1.0.4.68 firmware

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Tue May 18 10:04:19 MST 2004

Stephen R. Besch wrote:

> Duane wrote:
>

>> Grandstream v1.0.4.68 firmware
>>
> Am I missing something obvious about the new ringtone feature? The
> 4.68 firmware updates as usual from my TFTP server, the new version
> shows up in the phone's web page, but the ring tones, while present on
> the server and referenced on the web page, all show a version of
> 0.0.0.0, and all functionality regarding them is disabled.  Are we
> maybe jumping the gun here a little bit or is there something special
> about getting them to load?

I just slapped them all onto my TFTP server and they all load fine. Then
on the bottom I can choose between the 3 ringtones and tell it to ring a
certain ringtone if coming from a certain caller id. I just do
not like the ringtones (piano). It'd be great if there was a way to
upload own ringtones but I can not
seem to be able to find out how to edit the files.