[Asterisk-Users] asterisk voicemail retrieval using a cisco 7940

Nik Martin nmartin at radiancetech.com
Tue May 18 07:23:40 MST 2004

A tip to avoid much Head-On-Desk confusion:  The MWI light will only light
up on cisco phones ( and all other MWI equipped phones) if the phone is in
SIP context 'default' using the form:
Mailbox=123

Otherwise, you must use:
Mailbox=123 at context

I went around and around with this for 5 days until I realized that I had a
group of phones in a context other than default.

Nik