[Asterisk-Users] asterisk voicemail retrieval using a cisco 7940

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Tue May 18 06:59:08 MST 2004

In the sip.conf file, you can specify
  mailbox=123

As part of the configuration for the Cisco phone.  Then when there's a
voicemail message in that mailbox, the red light on the phone will light
up.  In the Cisco's configuration you can also specify the voicemail URL
as the extension you would dial to reach VoicemailMain (as defined in
extensions.conf below).  Then you just press the message button on the
phone to retrieve your messages.