[Asterisk-Users] asterisk voicemail retrieval using a cisco 7940

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Tue May 18 06:47:56 MST 2004

Graham,

You need to configure something in extensions.conf to access voicemail.
I usually use something like this:

exten => 8500,1,VoiceMailMain(s${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 8500,2,Congestion

Then you'll want to configure the voicemail URI on the 7940 so that it
calls extension 8500.

One nice thing about the Cisco phone is that they will keep track of WMI
separately for each configured line.

-brian