[Asterisk-Users] Problems w. chan_capi + ztdummy - SNOM Problem?

Lars Boegild Thomsen lth at cow.dk
Mon May 17 22:11:31 MST 2004

Actually I've played around with the last issue quite a lot and this is
indeed getting weirder.

Let me try to describe the problem.

sip.conf is configured with:

disallow = all
allow = gsm
allow = ulaw
allow = alaw

Snom phone is configured to use GSM as default codec but with "Offer
Answer/Full" option set.

If I place a call FROM the Snom phone to an external number (going out of
the CAPI/Fritz/ISDN interface) everything works beautifully - and "sip show
channels" show that the Snom phone is using GSM.

If a call come IN on the Capi interface and is routed to the phone there is
the described pulsating sound heard on the Snom phone alone and "sip show
channels" report that ALAW is being used as codec.  How come the choice of
codec is different?  AFAIK when gsm is first in sip.conf this should be the
preferred codec.

I haven't tried to roll back to an earlier Snom image (using 2.05d) but this
problem is definitely a new one.  Using an Asterisk CVS-HEAD as of today.

So - I am not sure exactly where this bug is.  As far as I can see there
might be two problems - one that the codec of my choice is not the one being
used.  Second the pulsating noice when using ALAW (which should work fine
too).

Any ideas?

Regards,

	Lars....