[Asterisk-Users] *8 (call pickup) using Manager or AGI interfaces?

John Vogel johnv at comcast.net
Sat May 15 22:02:31 MST 2004

I'd like to programmatically do the equivalent of a *8 using either the
Manager or AGI interfaces or some other Asterisk interface.

In this scenario, a line is ringing, the "pickup" program executes with an
argument that is the extension to connect the incoming call to. That
extension starts to ring and, when answered, the incoming call is
automatically connected to the extension.

As I understand it the "Redirect" only work on calls that are already
connected (not ringing). Can I use the "Answer" command in the AGI to answer
the incoming call and the "Redirect" to connect them together in some
creative way to do this?

Or am I missing some much easier way?

Thanks!