[Asterisk-Users] Data through T1, nethdlc

Christian Hoffmeyer christian at yottadot.org
Sat May 15 07:13:07 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Welter" <mike at introspect.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Data through T1, nethdlc

> I did everything you specified but couldn't get it to work on 2.4.25.
> With tcpdump I could see incoming ICMP, UDP, and TCP packets on each
> end, but they would just fall off the end of the earth--no replies at all.
>
> The sethdlc and sethdlc-new programs are in the zaptel directory on CVS.
>   Depending on your kernel, one of them won't compile.
>
> Somewhere I read that the "new" hdlc in 2.5.x was backported to 2.4.20
> or 2.4.21.  So I went back to 2.4.19 and hdlc works fine--I have four
> channels voice, 19 data, and the dchan on a T-1 crossover cable.

I recently went through the same nightmare after an upgrade to 2.4.26 on
Slackware 9.1.  I had to go back to 2.4.22, after which I noticed a very
strange problem with ztcfg.  ztcfg would work perfectly, but ztcfg -vv would
immediately lock the box.  I simply rm'ed /sbin/ztcfg, recompiled zaptel and
it appears to be working normally.

Christian Hoffmeyer
YottaDot Solutions
Huntsville, AL