[Asterisk-Users] Dead FXO Module on TDM400P?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat May 15 05:34:02 MST 2004

> Since the irc channel wasn't any help, I will try posting my problem here.
> I have two TDM400Ps less than a week old in a PC. All of the FXS ports
> work fine, and all of the FXO ports worked fine up until thisafternoon. If
> I try to dial in, I get a busy signal, if I try to dial out, all I hear
> is a very scratchy, very crackly dialtone. If I swap the first FXO module
> with the second on the card, the problem follows the module, not the
> physical port on the TDM400P. Any thoughts?
>
> Was planning on deploying this server tomorrow, but now I am worried about
> the other three FXO ports crapping out. Has anyone else had reliability
> problems with the new FXO card? Or is it too early to tell?

Been using the tdm04b (4 port fxo) for about two weeks with no stability
or reliability issues whatsoever.

I have had substantial echo issues (barely usable) with both the x100p's
and the tdm04b, and have been working with Mark to ID the source. Doesn't
seem to be related to the three pstn lines or the cards, but something is
obviously not right in this rather simple implementation.

You might be bumping against an early card failure. Would suggest calling
digium support to help isolate the problem.