[Asterisk-Users] IAXy

Josh Roberson twisted at indigent-networks.com
Fri May 14 01:35:57 MST 2004

Okay.. here's the scoop....

>I love the little blue boxes in the sense that it just works. Disadvantages
>as I have seen them these few days:
>
>- American tones only ? (or I just don't know how to change them)

As far as I can tell this is true.

>- Sometimes a call won't go through, dialtone stays on after keypresses.
>Strange. A powercycle of the iaxy usually helps

Are you changing which phone is plugged into the iaxy before this
happens?  The changing of resistance levels I have noticed to cause this
occasionally.

>- No support for hookflash transfers (will this be possible ??)

There is most definately support for flashhook transfers.  Hit Flash,
then #, then dial the number you're' transferring to.  I've done this
for awhile now, and it works fine.

>Florian

Make sure you're running revision 14 of the firmware.  type iax2 show
firmware from the cli to see which firmware you have on your asterisk
system.    If it's not the latest, i reccomend doing a cvs update to
latest -HEAD .  If you're not running HEAD this is futile.  Also, to see
which version of firmware you have on the iaxy, do an iax2 debug, and
watch for the iaxy's talk, it will tell you what firmware revision it's
running.

--Josh