[Asterisk-Users] 3 Q's about queues and agents

Vulture vulture at netvulture.com
Fri May 14 01:29:35 MST 2004

I'm a newbie, but learning as fast as I can, I have 3 questions so please be
patient.

1. I'm not sure as to the correct behavior of using a Agent/@1 in the
queues.conf to specify that a group of agents (in this case group 1) should be
members of the queue. Currently my queues will only ring the members of the
agent group in the order defined in the agents.conf assuming that more than one
agent is logged in. I have tried numerous settings of strategy= in queues.conf,
but the first agent defined always gets the call passed to him. I am hoping
that I don't have to define each agent (Agent/Ext) in queues.conf and can just
use the group to define the members of the queue.

2. Is there a setting to not ring the last member rang. I have seen * ring the
same member more than 2 times in a row after they haven't answered while using
strategy=random.

3. Is there a way to test for queue membership in extensions.conf. I see the
AddQueueMember() and RemoveQueueMember(), but nothing like a IsQueueMember()
for use in a logical test.

Thanks - Jon