[Asterisk-Users] IVR with chan_h323 module

pesb pesb at conexion.com.py
Thu May 13 08:28:53 MST 2004

Hi there,
                I have the following scenario:
I have a GK that controls my H323 GWs. And, I am needing an IVR royalty-free
system. More than an IVR, it's only something that should play a sound file
depending on the called digits.
So, I wanted to use asterisk as my IVR. So, I've installed asterisk with the
chan_h323 module and used the Playback comand in my extensions.conf file.
It worked, but the problem is that in order to listen to the sound file, the
call needs to be answered first. That is not good for me. Because, when the
call gets answered, the end user is charged for that call because my H323 GW
receives a Connect message. And these calls should not be charged.
I have also tried the Playback comand this way:

exten => 1007,1,Playback(/home/test|noanwer)

and it did not work.

Can someone give me a sugestion on how to solve this problem?

   thanks in advance,
                              Pablo Salinas