[Asterisk-Users] problems with analog interface to PBX

Steve Creel screel at turbs.com
Thu May 13 07:04:25 MST 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Dan Fernandez wrote:

>Folks,
>
>For the last few days I've been trying to experiment with a Panasonic PBX
>and an X100P but have run into quite a few problems which I am not sure
>if they can be solved with this type of card (how about TDM01B?)
>
>1) I wanted to use *'s IVR capabilities, so I routed the calls to the
>   extension where the x100p was connected to.
>
>Asterisk should answer the call, playback a message, dial another PBX
>extension and if no one answers dial another extension (via IAX).
>
>The first problem I ran into was that the Flash application doesn't
>really work. To get around this I added another x100p to dial the new
>extension. The problem I ran here was that even though I specified in the
>Dial app to just dial for 30 seconds, it rang forever as if * cannot
>recongnize that no one had picked up.  Asterisk does seem to detect
>hangups and busy tones (I have busydetect=yes and busycount=10)

For about 6 months, we were using the same logical setup (a channelbank of
FXO cards for a Merlin Legend switch, with asterisk doing incoming IVR /
autoattendant, then transferring the calls out to the Legend, and
handling voicemail).  The first problem I encountered that I hadn't
expected had to do with asterisk transferring the call back to the Legend.
I did a Flash(), a SendDTMF(), and another Flash() - the Legend saw this
as an attended transfer, and it caused some oddities.  Turns out I needed
to Flash(), SendDTMF(), Hangup().  Along the way, I found the Flash times
that the legend was expecting to see, and adjusted them in the source
code, so as to eliminate occasional flash detection problems.

I'd take time to plug an analog set into the extension you have the X100P
on, and make sure you can flash/transfer calls like you're expecting
asterisk to.  There's no reason (that I know of) that your flash can't
give you exactly the behavior you're looking for.

Good luck to you,

Steve