[Asterisk-Users] iax behind a SonicWall

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed May 12 19:23:44 MST 2004

Current dev cvs install on two systems. System A is behind a SonicWall
firewall, and system B is on a registered IP address. (System B has
multiple iax links that are fully functional to multiple locations.)

System A is correctly registering with System B, with no special firewall
rules.

Should System B be able to take advantage of the "registration" to send
iax/gsm calls to System A without installing any firewall rules?

I assumed it could, but an ethereal trace indicates a new call is
placed from B -> A, but A never acknowledges the iax2 packet, etc.

The trace suggests the registration is happening with
 src port 28277 (or whatever) -> dest port 4569
however, calls are processed with
 src port 4569 and dest port 4569

Shouldn't we expect src=4569 and dest=4569 on all iax2 interactions?

Rich