[Asterisk-Users] Dell server for asterisk question!

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Wed May 12 13:14:09 MST 2004

Bartek-

It looks like the TE405P 5V cards will work in two of the slots, but I can't
find the technical spec's for the motherboard on the Dell site to be sure.
(Dell site is weak on technical specifics.)

But the big question in my mind is whether you can really support two
TE410P's or two TE405P's in one system.  I went down this road based on
advice I got here on the forum, and found that it wasn't even close  - a
dual-Xeon could only support one TE410P maximum, and just barely.  (also
confirmed later on a TE405P)

But my environment is heavy IVR with lots of call volume.  If you're running
VoIP, then I think the maximum depends on how much transcoding you are doing
in your system.

Be kind to yourself - use two chassis/motherboards - one for each 4-span
board!

Just my advice and experience - your's may be different!

Cheers
Scott

Scott M. Stingel
President,