[Asterisk-Users] Calling CHRIS BARNET (PRI / E100P / ntl)

Darren Round Darren at aits.co.uk
Wed May 12 04:43:02 MST 2004

Chris you might know the answer to my HUUUUUUGE problem

A few weeks ago you posted this message:
"I have an ISDN PRI supplied by NTL (ex Diamond Cable, Nottingham) which
is currently working happily with an SDX Index phone system. I have to
replace this phone system shortly and I've been trying to get a * system
working for some weeks now. I have configured the dial plan (which
works) and all my SIP extensions (which all work) along with voice mail
etc. etc. - all this works perfectly as an internal PBX. My problem
comes when I try to connect it to my ISDN line."

I have exactly the same hardware, telephone company, setup and have exactly the same problem.  Im in Lincoln and Im running asterisk version: Asterisk CVS-03/09/04-13:55:16 on a dual PIII500 Linux machine.  I have no physical alarm lights, my E100P is working, zttool is reporting no alarms but everytime ntl try to bring up the line I get the same error as you:
May 11 14:12:06 WARNING[1192491824]: Detected alarm on channel 1: Red Alarm
May 11 14:12:06 WARNING[1192491824]: Unable to disable echo cancellation on channel 1
Etc... Etc.. Etc... For all my 10 channels.

Did you managed to solve this by asking ntl to deliver ISDN 110 or was is something else?

I hope you receive this because Im getting a bit desperate :(

Thanks

Darren

Darren Round B.Sc.(HONS)
MANAGING DIRECTOR