[Asterisk-Users] Error compiling Zaptel

Ben Merrills ben at griffin.com
Tue May 11 09:45:05 MST 2004

Do you have a symlink in /usr/src as follows?

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     src            20 May  7 11:01 linux ->
kernel-source-2.4.18

(note that it may differ depending on the kernel source you have?)

If you've installed via an apt style package manager, and havn't
recompiled your kernel, then visit www.kernel.org
<http://www.kernel.org/> , download a stable kernel (I recommended
2.4.26).

Extract it to /usr/src/linux-<kernelnumber>

Then create a symlink ln -s /usr/src/<kernel source> /usr/src/linux

This should resolve the issues you're having there, else I've missed the
point and just waffled for 5 minutes ;)

Hope that helps,

Ben Merrills

Griffin Internet