[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on a dual processor machine

Carlos Medina carlosandres_23 at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 16:11:15 MST 2004

Hi there, i have a problem installing asterisk on a dual processor machine.I have Red Hat 9.0 with kernel-smp-2.4.20-6. I did the installation process with no problem, i used the asterisk stable version 1.0.

The problem is that the machine has some troubles after Asterisk goes up, the CPU performance goes to 99%, and its all consumed by the asterisk process. I dont know if there is a special process to compile asterisk using dual-processor or maybe a special version or what steps do i have to follow to make asterisk works fine on that machine.

The only message error that i have, is when i tried to load the card module...when i put "modprobe wct4xxp" it shows me the following message:

"NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue. You probably have a hardware problem with your RAM chips".

After that i follow the rest of loading steps and asterisk goes up just fine. But how i mentioned above after a few minutes the CPU performance goes to 99% and the machine is impossible to handle.

Thanks for your time.

Carlos Andres Medina

CVCOL S.A