[Asterisk-Users] Testing IP phone (g729, g711) with Windows Messenger (g723, g711)

Sung Je Lee newblues at mail.moimstone.com
Mon May 10 01:53:58 MST 2004

Hello, all.

I have some problem when testing my IP phone with Windows Messenger.
My IP phone supports such codecs as g729, g711.
And Windows Messenger supports red, g711, g723 as you know.

The problem comes up when testing with this sip.conf file. ([general] context displayed only)

[general]
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=g729
context=bogon-calls
maxexpirey=180
defaultexpirey=160
tos=reliability

Of course, testing is successful with commenting out "allow=g729" line.
But, what I want is to allow g729 first!

Is there any way which I can work around this problem without commenting out "allow=g729" line?
Should I try to modify source codes?

Thank you in advance.
newblues.