[Asterisk-Users] DIAL without connect...

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat May 8 14:40:03 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 16:28, HCQ wrote:
> I want to dial a sip device from extensions.conf but not connect the
> other party when it picks up,
> so I can send some DTMF before I connect the call.
> Is that possible ?

You must have missed this message:

           From:
Eric Wieling
<eric at fnords.org>
             To:
asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Re: [Asterisk-cvs]
asterisk/apps
app_dial.c,1.64,1.65
           Date:
Fri, 07 May 2004
15:34:04 -0500

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 16:30, anthm at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Update of /usr/cvsroot/asterisk/apps
> In directory mongoose.digium.com:/tmp/cvs-serv17955/apps

> added D() parameter to app_dial to allow post connect dtmf stream to
be sent using above call
> +"      'D([digits])'  -- Send DTMF digit string *after* called party
has answered\n"
> +"                        but before the bridge. (w=500ms sec
pause)\n"

I nominate anthm for Asterisk Sainthood.  This is a feature that people
have been asking about for a LONG time.  Thanks anthm!

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows