[Asterisk-Users] H323 - Gatekeeper - asterisk - SIP config problems

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sat May 8 13:51:26 MST 2004

After much reading and fiddling - I have the gnugk GateKeeper running
and can make calls from the H323 phone to the sip phone. Voice works
bi-directionally..
Calling from SIP to H323 gives me a problem...
Both gnuGK and Asterisk are on the same box. Someone said this was OK.
Others said No. I added a second IP (eth0:1) and told gnuGK that was
HOME. How do I lock asterisk to the other (eth0) IP - then I think this
might work.... or must I put gnuGK on a separate machine?

ps Documentation on the combination of Asterisk, h323 and Gatekeepers is
really well hidden - I ain't seen it anywhere.

In oh323.conf - I have the section...
[register]
context=h323phone
alias=Call from
gwprefix=0
gwprefix=1
gwprefix=2
gwprefix=3
gwprefix=4
gwprefix=5
gwprefix=6
gwprefix=7

1 - [h323phone] in extensions.conf is identical to my [sip] section (for
my internal phones) - seems to work OK.
2 - the 'Call from' appears now with the CLID on the displays of the
H323 handsets - can't I get it to show the users name of the Extension?
3- the gwprefix lists then seems to make asterisk the default gateway
for the numbers dialled that start with [0-7] - so asterisk completes
the H323 handsets call - this seems ugly - and I have not seen anyone
else's config doing anything similar. What dumb thing am I doing?

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE