[Asterisk-Users] * & ISDN-BRI-PTP & DID & ISDN4Linux does not show incoming number

Andreas Frackowiak zok at horga.de
Fri May 7 02:05:22 MST 2004

Hallo Felix,

> it seems that the FAQ only describes windows & co.
> Just try to use the capi driver, I guess you would get much more support for
> capi here...

Well now I am sure: The AVM-Fritz-CAPI does not work with PTP.

o I have tried it and it doesn't work
o I asked AVM and they answered that the Fritz
  CAPI-Software (Windows + Linux) does not support
  DDI/PTP-Mode.
o I found a lot of messages in old archives of this list
  and the i4l-list which also say that PTP with
  Fritz CAPI does not work.

Also "mISDN" (ISDN4Linux successor with CAPI20) maybe will
support P2P with Fritz Card sometime, but not today.

And so it seems that my problem between ISDN4Linux and the
chan_modem_i4l driver remains an unsolved mystery.

So maybe I have to buy an AVM B1 or C2 card to circumvent
this problem or use something else than asterisk.

thanks and regards
Andreas