[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digits in a different language...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomab.com
Thu May 6 14:15:03 MST 2004

On Thu, 06 May 2004 18:45:15 +0100, Fran Boon wrote
> Carlos Chavez wrote:
>
> ok, we have an 'es' syntax for saynumber() but it doesn't seem to
> support "ciento uno" as yet.
> Is this the only number that changes?
> What about 102? 110? 1001?

     All numbers like 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90 and 100 have this problem.
They all change when you have another number after.  The only exception is the
1000 sound which does not change.  For example:

diez     dieci (10)
veinte   veinti (20)

     From 30 to 90 you have to and an "y" (and) to the number.  Some sounds
like oh.gsm I simply recorded as "cero" (zero).

> In the current syntax patch, it requests a soundfile 'cien.gsm' as
> that's what the original patch author made available for download:
> http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sound+files+international
>
> If you have a more complete set (this only includes digits) then
> could you make it available for download?

     I was waiting until everything is working.  I have almost all sounds
translated, just missing a few like ACD.  I can make them available if you wish.

> I would prefer to rename 'cien.gsm' as the more standard '100.gsm'
> 'ciento' is basically 'hundred and', right?

     Yes, that is correct.

> For other languages we standardise on '100-and.gsm' for that kind of
> thing...

     This will work fine for spanish.

--
Carlos Chavez