[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digits in a different language...

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Thu May 6 10:45:15 MST 2004

Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      Here in Mexico we use the same tones as in the US.  In indications.conf I
> simply copied the [us] section and labeled it [mx].  In the general section I
> put country=mx.
>      Since we do not share the same tones as Spain I thought it would be
> better to use a different setting than "es".  But maybe I got confused and I
> can set language=es and country=mx without there being a problem.

I had this confusion when I started - 'uk' indications, yet 'en' language.

>      By the way, is there a solution for saying numbers in spanish?  The
> problem I have is that numbers like 100 (cien) do not sound correctly when
> concatenated to other numbers.  When you have to say 101 the 100 sound changes
> to: ciento uno.

ok, we have an 'es' syntax for saynumber() but it doesn't seem to
support "ciento uno" as yet.
Is this the only number that changes?
What about 102? 110? 1001?

In the current syntax patch, it requests a soundfile 'cien.gsm' as
that's what the original patch author made available for download:
http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sound+files+international

If you have a more complete set (this only includes digits) then could
you make it available for download?

I would prefer to rename 'cien.gsm' as the more standard '100.gsm'
'ciento' is basically 'hundred and', right?
For other languages we standardise on '100-and.gsm' for that kind of
thing...

Comments welcome :)