[Asterisk-Users] Mediatrix 1204 (4x FXO)

Christian Hecimovic checimovic at qworks.ca
Thu May 6 11:58:17 MST 2004

> Don't know how far you've tried to take the 1204 in terms of functions,
> but we did the same thing over a two month period and found:

There is also an acknowledged bug that is a showstopper for us: configuration
over DHCP fails, because the vendor code for outbound proxy is not recognised
by the device. So each device must be manually reconfigured if, for example,
the subnet address of the Asterisk box changes - it can't just be rebooted,
fetch its DHCP payload, and reconfigure itself. All of the other vendor codes
we've tried work. It seems like such a small bug, but none of the Mediatrix
firmware updates cover it.

Also, we couldn't get ringback to work right, despite a correct
indications.conf file - if someone calls in and dialed an extension, then the
ringing they hear is very choppy and messed up.

I don't suppose anyone on the list has tested any other FXO gateways that are
comparable to the 1204?

Christian