[Asterisk-Users] Extensions.conf help..

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 6 08:59:31 MST 2004

HCQ wrote:

>Hello,
>I want to have two extensions types, one with local dialing and the other
>with local and long distance.
>I know how to create contexts but how can I give the local only ext. access
>to the other ext. without giving local & long dist. permission?
>I mean if I "incude" the other ext. context I think my basic ext. will
>heritate the advanced features of the other context (and I don't want
>that...
>

>Thanks for your help,
>h.

Create multiple contexts and control where you place the extentions..

Example (off the top of my head)

[exten]
;create the extentions here..

[local-dialout]
;create your dialout routing for local calls here..

[ld-dialout]
;create dialout routing for long distance calls here..

[restricted-users]
;place restricted access extensions in this context
include => exten
include => local-dialout

[full-users]
;place full access extensions in this context
include => exten
include => local-dialout
include => ld-dialout

Later..