[Asterisk-Users] Extensions.conf help..

Carlton J. O'Riley CORILEY at comcast.net
Thu May 6 08:53:41 MST 2004

You need to create a context just for long distance dialing and one for
local dialing.  Then include the ones you want for each extension, providing
that the users are in different contexts to begin with.  For example, if
user 1 starts in context usera and the second in userb, then the following
would do what you want.

[emergency]
exten => 911,1,Dial(${OUTGOING}/${EXTEN})

[operator]
exten => 0,1,Dial(${OUTGOING}/${EXTEN})

[info]
exten => 411,1,Dial(${OUTGOING}/${EXTEN})

[local]
include => emergency
include => operator
include => info
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${OUTGOING}/${EXTEN})

[longdistance]
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(${OUTGOING}/${EXTEN})
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,2,Congestion

[international]
exten => _011.,1,Dial(${OUTGOING}/${EXTEN})
exten => _011.,2,Congestion

[usera]
include => longdistance
include => local

[userb]
include => local

This way userb can only access the dialing patterns exposed in the context
local whereas usera can dial both long distance and local.  You can create
contexts for international, operator, information, and emergency (911) as
well like I have shown.  Obviously, I don't prefix any of my extensions with
9 for dialing out (wife doesn't like that) and we have 10 digit dialing
locally.  The important thing to remember is to make sure that the user's
starting context, when they pick up their phone, must be specified.  I have
our son's phone set to not be able to dial out, so he is in a different
context than the rest of the house, otherwise everyone is in the same
context.