[Asterisk-Users] Re: Simple SIP X-Lite Configuration Failing

J Poz jpoz0000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 14:46:07 MST 2004

Girish and All,

I got my SIMPLE SIMPLE X-Lite to X-Lite configuration to work.

First, I want to thank "William Ray" who helped me offline. I found him by one of his postings in the http://asterisk.xvoip.com/ forum where he helped someone else with a similar issue. He gave me a working configuration for what I was trying to do and it worked.

However, I still needed to debug and find out what was wrong with my configuration since I know it can help someone else in the future (if they search the mailing list for the same or similar problem).

The main problem that PREVENTED the X-Lite softphones from communicating with eachother was I had invalid syntax in the sip.conf file for the caller-id field as follows:

Incorrect Syntax: callerid="Jay <400>"
Correct Syntax: callerid="Jay" <400>

It blows my mind why asterisk would spit out "Auto-congesting" and "is circuit-busy" errors since I don't know how they're related.

That was the main problem that needed to get fixed for the configuration to work. Also, I then changed the DTMF mode to "rfc2833" from "inband" to get rid of "Unable to process inband DTMF on 2 frames" warnings. Everything is PEACHY now..

I hope this proves useful to others in the future. I invested over 30 hours on this problem so hopefully it can be avoided by someone else.

J..........

J Poz <jpoz0000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Girish,

Thanks for replying and trying to work my "simple configuration". Nobody on the list has replied with any help and I still have the problem.

I've invested well over 20 hours on this problem and still don't have a solution (I have everything else within Asterisk working including IVR menus, X100 interfaces, etc). However, I am not able to get a simple Softphone to Softphone configuration to work.

Can anyone on the LIST help us

Girish Gopinath <gopinath_girish at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Replying to the mail which was posted 3 days back. I tested the
configuration here with SJphones, and got the same error: "circuit-busy". I
tried with sip debug turned on, and found that asterisk receives a CANCEL
request from the user agent immediately after it receives INVITE. When i
first saw this mail, i thought it was a simple config issue, but even after
trying for more than 2 hours, i am not able to figure out why it is
happening. I tried changing the sip.conf entries with the minimum required
values, but no success. I started evaluating Asterisk a few months ago, i
also tried with such simple configurations and did not have issues like
this.

Here is my Asterisk version:
Asterisk CVS-02/21/04-16:21:31 built by root at localhost.localdomain on a i686
running Linux

I am really curious if you were able to solve the problem. If so, what was
the reason behind that weird behaviour and how did you solve it? If not, can
anyone please tell what is going wrong?

Regards, Girish

BTW, J Poz, dont use reinvite=, it does not exist, use canreinvite= instead.