[Asterisk-Users] Missing: Red alarm event in Asterisk Manager Interface

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Wed May 5 06:42:33 MST 2004

Hi all,

This afternoon, while mucking around the manager API, I discovered that
my client doesn't receive red alarm events (i.e. when I unplug the
line). Astman won't work as well. I did made sure the user I logged in
as has read/write permissions for System events. A quick look in
chan_zap.c shows that when the alarm triggers or clears, Asterisk is
supposed to send a manager event to all clients with read permissions
for System events.

I'm running Asterisk 0.7.2 not the CVS version.

Appreciate any pointers.

Cheers.