[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 12SP+

Jan Czmok czmok at gatel.net
Tue May 4 16:55:35 MST 2004

Ryan Laginski (asterisk at dryrun.ca) wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> To my knowledge, you can't change the image on them. I recently bought 3
> of them, and we help from this list, I was able to connect them to my
> asterisk server. However, they are not fully functional. I can make
> calls and hear calls, but I'm muted. I'm looking for a solution.
>
> The protocol they use is skinny, which I don't think is complete. My
> suggestion is to avoid them for now.
> -Ry

Hi ry,
hi all,

just to give you an overview of what the "problem" with the 12SP+ is
and our plan to support these in chan_sccp(experimental) (*1):

- the 12SP+/30VIP are "non intelligent" phones compared to the 7960
  and/or 7920 phones.
- every keypress is being transferred through the skinny protocol to
  the respective server.
- i have a 12SP+ to test things with (thanks for the contributor)

I think i will have a somehow better working driver support in about 1
month from now on. we'll see...

--jan

*1 http://chan-sccp.sf.net