[Asterisk-Users] g.729 - licenses and opinions

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Tue May 4 14:59:44 MST 2004

I have a few SIP phones, Cisco 7960s, and was looking into implementing
some compression, ala G.729.  I'm looking into purchasing a g729
licenses just to get an idea of performance and voice quality, over
lans, wireless and single channel isdn.

Does anyone have positive/negative experience w/ getting
licenses/support from Digium?  Hows the sound quality compared w/
g.711?  Is 729 better on slow connections?  Jitter more/less of a
problem then w/ g.711?  Was implementation a pain?  I've seen the
bandwidth comparisons @

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Bandwidth+consumption

Things look good... if g.729 turns out to be all it perports itself to
be then I feel we'd have a real winner.