[Asterisk-Users] Resolved: sipgate.de

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue May 4 07:11:01 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Brose
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 2:43 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Resolved: sipgate.de

> You can make outbound calls this way? In your friends definition
(friend-sipgate)
> you don't have a host specified. host=sipgate.de Without that I doubt
you can make
> any calls, since asterisk won't know where to send the call to.

You're correct, I forgot the host= parameter when copying my settings to
the list.  I assure you it's in my current (WORKING) configuration.

> Further, since you're using fromdomain, it should be the
authentication realm,
> which is sipgate.de,  not sipgate.net.  But this won't hurt your call
completion

Actually, I think that was the difference between it working and not
working, if I remember correctly.  It was a late night :)

> Since you don't have a valid friends definition, your incoming calls
come into the
> default context, and you need to be carefull what you make available
there.

I did not include a context in my example -- fwiw, my full config
contains "context=german-sip" -- I did not think this was necessary to
get SIP working for others, and those who know asterisk enough (and many
know it better than me, being a newbie of 2 weeks) will likely have
their own context settings anyway.