[Asterisk-Users] Resolved: sipgate.de

Karl Brose karlbrose at optonline.net
Tue May 4 00:43:29 MST 2004

I know it's exciting to get things working, however,
there are some things wrong with your configuration, despite it perhaps
"working" ok.
Is it really?  You can make outbound calls this way?
In your friends definition (friend-sipgate)  you don't have a host
specified.
host=sipgate.de
Without that I doubt you can make any calls, since asterisk won't know where
send the call to.
Further, since you're using fromdomain, it should be the authentication
realm,
which is sipgate.de,  not sipgate.net.  But this won't hurt your call
completion
Fromdomain will get placed into the From headers instead of your ipaddress.
some domains are picky about it when you're using special services and they
want to make sure you're actually a domain member.
Also, your localnet= parameter should be the network address, not the host
address, but you're probably ok, since the mask cuts it off.

Since you don't have a valid friends definition, your incoming calls come
into
the default context, and you need to be carefull what you make available
there.
It's never a good idea to have calls coming in this way, without restriction
or authentication.

Enjoy