[Asterisk-Users] Timeout Gives T in cdr.

Frank Mandarino asterisk at spindrift.on.ca
Tue May 4 05:04:36 MST 2004

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Monday 03 May 2004 13:56, Frank Mandarino wrote:
>
>>I have worked around this issue by storing the extension in a
>>variable, then restoring it using a Goto in the 'T' processing.
>>For example:
>>
>>exten => 411,1,SetVar(ORIG_EXTEN=${EXTEN})
>>exten =>
>>411,2,Dial(IAX2/hhandresen at iaxtel/18005558355 at iaxtel,40,rS(10)) ...
>>exten => 411,200,Playback(call-timed-out)
>>exten => 411,201,Hangup
>>
>>exten => T,1,Goto(${ORIG_EXTEN},200)
>

> I'm curious about your usage here.  You don't appear to be using
> AbsoluteTimeout, yet you're using extension "T", not extension "t".
> How is this working for you?

This is just an example, not actual working code.  It probably should
have used "t", but the original message specified "T".

In any case, saving the extension in a variable, then restoring it with
a Goto back to the saved extension is the only way I have found to have
the original extension stored in the CDR instead of the somewhat useless
lettered extension.

../fam
Frank A. Mandarino                           fmandarino at spindrift.on.ca
Spindrift Management, Toronto