[Asterisk-Users] Start recording during call by pressing button sequence

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Mon May 3 15:48:09 MST 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Steven Critchfield waxed:

> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 14:15, Brian Capouch wrote:
> > brian wrote:
> > > If you live in a one-party state you can record ANY call in or out ..
> > > doesn't matter if the call comes from/to out of state or not.  You are
> > > within the rights of your state.  I live in Oklahoma and I record EVERY call
> > > in our out of my house with asterisk.
> > >

> > Is there a list somewhere of "one party" versus (I assume) "two party"
> > states?
>
> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
>
> Nope, didn't reduce frustration level.
>
> Whats wrong with your google interface?
>
> You posted about just short of 2 hours after Walt Reed posted a link to
> a site with the relevant information.

I thought even better was my post from 2 *days* ago with
just such a link.  Granted, it's the ACLU, and I sent it on
May Day so y'all were prolly out marching, but...

    http://archive.aclu.org/issues/cyber/phonelaw.html
    </a>

And I'm no legal expert either, but if you cross state
lines, you are dealing with 2 sets of state laws.  To think
that only your state's laws matter is naive at best.  Worse
yet, you are under federal jurisdiction, too.  You simply
can't record everything going in and out of your * box, just
because the feature is there doesn't make it legal.

--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester
cmaj_at_freedomcorpse_dot_com