[Asterisk-Users] How does Norvergence do it ?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon May 3 13:24:50 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 14:58, Lance Arbuckle wrote:
> ooops, this should have been norvergence.com

My guess is they are providing the bandwidth and phone service on that
one T1. For that matter, it looks like they might be pulling a data only
line to your potential customer and then running VoIP back to their end.
A T1 transport would run about $380 in our market, While $120 is tight
for applying bandwidth and dialtone plus amortizing equipment costs, I'm
sure they are getting a very good deal on the line, or they are hiding
some costs like the rest of the fees that your $500 price include.

Remember there is still an economy of scale. Once you get a certain
number of clients in an area, it supports the technician at a lower per
client cost.

Of course, most of this is guestimation from what I see on their home
page.