[Asterisk-Users] Start recording during call by pressing button sequence

Jeremy Hall jeremyhall at mpccorp.com
Mon May 3 07:01:59 MST 2004

Does anyone know how these laws apply in interstate calls?  For example,
I am in a One-party consent state.  This means I can legally record any
telephone I am a part of, without notifying any other party.  Say
someone from Florida or another all-party state calls me, or I call
someone in Florida.  Which set of laws apply?  Or is there a set of
Federal laws that override what the state laws say?

Next question is regarding how caller-ID plays a part of it.  Say I have
a system set up to record all calls.  I have no idea where the call
could be coming from.  Would I be required to have caller-ID, or
automatically stop recording of calls (or play warning messages) that
came from area codes within the all-party states?

I don't currently have a need to record any calls, but I just wanted to
play devil's advocate and see if anyone knew the answers.

Thanks and have a good one,

Jeremy