[Asterisk-Users] dialing a remote phone system and then entering an extension

Joel Duffield j.duffield at nearnorthbusiness.com
Mon May 3 06:01:00 MST 2004

I am trying to get a way to have * forward calls that are dialed to an
extension, to end up at an extension on my old analog phone system.
I will have 7 lines coming into * using the new Digium cards via PSTN,
and then lines coming from * into the PSTN lines on the analog system.
So that if for example someone dials extension 110:

The system will call the analog system, the system will assume that a
call is coming from the telco as always, pick up right away, and then
listen for an extension to be entered. This should then connect the
incoming call to the extension on the analog system.

My question is, does my logic work, and also if I use the dial command,
and I set the analog system to pick up immediately, will wait long
enough before it dials? If that wouldn't work is there a way that I can
tell * to dial then wait and then send digits?

Thanks

Joel Duffield
Near North Business Machines
www.NearNorthBusiness.com