[Asterisk-Users] * Newbie installation advice

Jon Brandon jon at monsoonretail.com
Sun May 2 23:06:12 MST 2004

Hello,

I'm about to install asterisk as the PBX at a location that my company has
just moved into and I would like to get some comments and advice on the
installation. I am new to * and don't want to make any big mistakes so I
would love to hear whatever anyone has to say.

Here is what I have so far
Server:
  * 2.8Ghz P4 - 1G ram
  * T400P Tormenta II  (is this as good as the wildcard?)
Chanel Bank:
  * Adit 600 3FXS, 1FXO
  * We will start with 6 PSTN lines
Phones:
  * Aastra PowerTouch 480 (Management, Customer Service etc)
  * Aastra Meridian 8004 (break room, warehouse floor etc)
  * Reception? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated as I
have no idea what type of phone to give reception. Reception typically has
a multi-line phone to answer incoming calls.
  * Polycom SoundStation 200 EX (Conference room speaker phone)

Am I missing anything?

I see from the archives that a lot of people have used the PowerTouch
phones. What do people think of them? Are there other ADSI phones that are
better or just as good for less money?

Thanks
-Jon

--