Caller ID Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Support Digium

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sun May 2 12:38:47 MST 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 21:16, brian k. west wrote:

> I'm not saying code it, I'm not saying PAY for it.  I'm saying find someone
> that can make it happen and ask for help.

Believe me I'm already doing this - I've rallied the local Linux geek
community as much as I can and there are a couple of interested parties whom
I'm still pursuing :)

I'm rattling on here because it's the single biggest focus point for people
interested in Asterisk, and I'd hoped by merely continuing the thread, that
someone might just be motivated enough to crack open a copy of vi and toy
with it for a while.

> So basically what i'm saying is PUT UP or SHUT UP.  Don't stand by bitching
> about something you wanna see, jump in head first and try your best to make
> it happen.  Thats what I do.

I agree it's painful to watch threads like this (especially so when you're the
source of them - this type of thread isn't my usual style), but I *am* doing
what I can, and from my own history in support, I've found that if a
customer/client/whoever cries long enough and loud enough, then either
someone will take pity on them, or fix the 'damn bug' just to shut them up.

Perhaps I've just misread the * development base - I'm sorry if that's the
case.

As for C code - I've worked through the codebase to the best of my ability -
even if someone could say "start on line n of file xxxxx.c" I might be in a
better position to attack it.

Right now all I'd like to do is move the fskmodem.c code from "start after
first ring" to running all the time. I feel inadequate enough as it is that
I'm unable to do this - a little push in the right direction could go a long
way.

Cheers,
Gavin.