[Asterisk-Users] iconnecthere behind NAT, strange deal

willy at yponeinc.com willy at yponeinc.com
Sun May 2 05:20:18 MST 2004

> Is anyone on the list successfully using iconnecthere
> behind NAT?
Yes (unless it broke during the last 12 hours).
I gave my daughter a SIP phone and an Iconnecthere account.
I have successfully used Sipura 2000, a Grandstream and a
Cisco ATA box with that account, and yes, she is behind a
*standard* LinkSys NAT router which itself gets a dynamic
WAN address from the service provider.
Now, that being said, I am not totally happy with
Iconecthere. Their service availability has been spotty, and
they can not seem to be able to forward the correct
(outgoing) callerID.
> I was, for over a year, and then I changed my "plan" with
> them.  Now all  my calls get intercepted immediately,
What 'plan' change did you make?
> FWIW I used to prepend "6666" to the dialed number, and it
> worked fine  until last week.
I don't recall having to do that.  Iconnecthere just gives
us (USA based) international dialtone.
Willy
----- Original Message Follows -----