[Asterisk-Users] Re: Second X100P Card

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat May 1 12:41:50 MST 2004

Paul,

The reboot corrected the problem either due to you not stopping and
restarting * after making "certain" parameter changes, or, modules
(listed in /etc/modules.conf) were not actually running initially.

Several of the * config file changes are not actually implemented
unless you do a "stop now" from the * cli, and then restart it.

You can do a 'lsmod' from the unix command line to see which * modules
are running.

For the echo, try reducing the rxgain and/or txgain in zapata.conf,
stopping and restarting * after making the changes. I'd suggest starting
with reducing txgain=-3.0 to start, then check the echo problem. There
are hundreds of postings in the list archives regarding echo and
adjusting the gains. Might also search for ztmonitor to see how that
tool might help you out. It's part of the zaptel cvs that you downloaded
and compiled.

Rich