[Asterisk-Users] Fax Detect problem (have consulted archives, wiki & irc)

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Sat May 1 11:04:21 MST 2004

Hi All,

I'm using an X100P to connect to PSTN ( context=from-pstn ).
I'm trying to get fax detection to work.

Using the simplest dialplan, I cannot get * to detect fax tones:

[from-pstn]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => fax,1,Goto(ext-fax,999,1)

The fax is never detected (ie: Goto never executed)
All that I see on the * -vvvvc console is:
	-- Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
... until eventually timeout occurs.

I've used ZapBarge to listen in on the channel, and can hear the tones
from the fax machine loud and clear.

Some suggestions from IRC that I've tried:
- add a exten => s,2,background(sound-file)	: didn't help
- try exten => s,fax,Goto(ext-fax,999,1)		: also didn't help

I'm using stable CVS-04/30/04

Thanks
Ryan