[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail prompts garbled

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Wed Mar 31 15:50:08 MST 2004

I'm having problems with the voicemail prompts.  The beginning of each
prompt is garbled.  Prompts "edian mail" and "assword" can be
recognized, but when it starts on the short phrases it is completely
garbled.  It is almost like the subsequent phrase starts before the
current phrase finishes.

I have isolated the LAN to the * box and the phones, so LAN congestion
is ruled out.

The phones are Cisco 7940 using POS3-06-1-00.  The SIPDefault.cnf file
is generic.  Calls between 7940 phones seem ok. I don't have any analog
phones on Asterisk.

The system is a dual processor Xeon 2.4G. HT is off. Kernel is generic
2.4.25.  Software CVS date is 3/26/04.  Zaptel has __SMP__ variable on.
  CONFIG_ZAPATA_NET is also on but the hdlc0 devices aren't configured.

Having said that, I just called a Qwest test number that gives 5 seconds
of 1000Hz tone.  Each time I make the call from a 7940 I hear (exactly)
4 seconds of tone followed by 3 burps.  This is consistent for each call.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,

--
Michael Welter