[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail Options

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Mar 31 11:12:27 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 11:51, Ryan Thrash wrote:
> How do I set configure my voicemail notification so that when I'm left
> a voicemail message it:
>
> 1) sends an e-mail to my inbox with the voicemail message attached
> 2) sends a message to my cellphone without the message attached

Use procmail and fix the message before forwarding it out.

> An even better option would be for the * voicemail system function like
> a Telekol system:
>
> 1) * calls your cell after receiving a new message. On our system 888
> puts you to voicemail of the extension you're dialing from, 887 prompts
> for your extension. It would in essence place an outbound call from 888
> using your extension to your cell phone.
> 2) The voicemail system keeps trying every X of minutes until you
> answer your cell (a separate caller ID would be good for this), or it
> can time-out after Y attempts.

Sounds like a good use of a .call file triggered by the above mentioned
procmail action.

> 3) If you don't want to be notified any longer of the new message,
> answer your cell and press *# (star-pound), and it turns off
> notification until another new message comes in.

AGI script fired upon answer of above mentioned .call file generated by
further above mentioned procmail action.

> 4) The remote notification number to call can be set through the
> voicemail options prompts. If you were going to be somewhere without
> cell service, you could change the number over the voicemail line.

Again a simple AGI script wrapped up on an extension you decide on your
system.

All simple, just needs you to exert yourself for a few minutes
remembering what tools are already placed in front of you.