[Asterisk-Users] Manager Interface "Action: Originate" changed

Tony Wasson wasson at azxws.com
Wed Mar 31 10:28:55 MST 2004

Tony Wasson wrote:
> I have recently noticed that the "Action: Originate" options in asterisk
>        1.0 CVS has changed sometime between 2/23 and 3/18.

To post a follow up for posterity, 2 tips were suggested when using the
Manager Interface:

1) Make sure to supply Context AND Priority when using an Exten.
NOTE: It used to work without a Priority, but not anymore.

2) While not a "hard and fast" rule, capitalization may help.

>   Action: Originate
>   Exten: 200
>   Context: stations
>   Channel: SIP/agent007

Here's a brief troubleshooting checklist if Manager Actions like
Originate are failing:

1) Make sure Asterisk is starting with "debug mode" by starting it with
a few -vvv's after it.

I'm using this in my /etc/inittab
   ax:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvcf

You can also just stop asterisk (asterisk -rx "stop now"), and relaunch
it like this:
   # asterisk -vvvcf

2) While making the call, monitor the console for any errors using
   # asterisk -r

3) Ensure any dependant devices are actually connected and registered...
    "sip show peers"
    "iax2 show peers"

While getting the rather unhelpful message of:

   Response: Error
   Message: Originate failed

I got this messages on my console thanks to debugs:

Mar 31 10:03:24 NOTICE[21526]: app_dial.c:536 dial_exec: Unable to
create channel of type 'SIP'
   == Everyone is busy at this time

After some investigation of "sip show peers" I diagnosed my problem as
an SIP device (Audiocodes MP-108) that needed to be rebooted.

Hope this helps you out!
Tony Wasson